It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
playing prettty solid, but been putting well," 
Freak

Post playing prettty solid, but been putting well,"
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cam Newton hasnt quite recovered from his fractured ribs. The Panthers fourth-year quarterback was held out of practice Wednesday due to soreness in his ribs. Coach Ron Rivera still thinks Newton will start the season opener Sunday at Tampa Bay. "Im optimistic and I expect him to be there," Rivera said. "We will see how it all unfolds. We have to look at this day by day." Rivera said he had expected Newton to practice Wednesday. But the two-time Pro Bowler complained or soreness in the morning and after practicing on Monday and working out on the side with the trainers Tuesday. Newton did not speak with reporters as he normally does on Wednesdays because he was undergoing treatment on his fractured ribs. Derek Anderson took the first-team reps at quarterback. Rivera maintains the teams game plan will not change, though its hard to imagine the Panthers calling any designed "read option" running plays if Newton does start. Newton ran for 2,032 yards and 28 touchdowns in his first three seasons in Carolina. Rivera said its too early to know if Newton will practice Thursday. "The nice thing is we have installations in the morning and he will have a good chance to do that, as well as see all of the tapes," Rivera said. Rivera said Newton seems to have settled on an oversized flak jacket that he would wear on Sunday. He had been experimenting with a variety of protective jackets. "Were going to approach this day by day, but again Im an optimist," Rivera said. "Im been wrong before, but well see." According to ESPN, Newton has been hit 467 times over the past three seasons -- more than twice as much as any other quarterback in the league during that span. "Its his style of play, how he plays," Rivera said. "You would like to see him develop another style of taper his style, but again that is what makes him who he is. If you take too much away from him it changes his game. But I do think it something he has to learn as he matures more and more as a quarterback -- how to slide, how to get rid of the ball and how not to take those hits." Everyone other than Newton participated in practice Wednesday for the Panthers, including defensive ends Charles Johnson (hamstring) and Greg Hardy (shoulder). The 31-year-old Anderson has started 43 games during his nine seasons in the league, but none since joining the Panthers three years ago. His last start came in 2010 with the Arizona Cardinals. Andersons best season was in 2007 when he threw for 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns, earning him a Pro Bowl selection. For his career Anderson has thrown for 9,206 yards with 53 touchdowns and 55 interceptions and has a career quarterback rating of 69.1. The Panthers kept Joe Webb on the roster as a third quarterback in the event Newton struggled to get back on the field due to injuries. In addition to his ribs, Newton is also coming off ankle surgery in March. Anderson said he knows the pain Newton is feeling in his midsection. Anderson said tore the cartilage in his ribs in 2009 while playing for Cleveland but still played in a game against the Chicago Bears. "I probably shouldnt have played," Anderson said. Anderson said his preparation for this week is no different whether hes a backup or a starter. "Whatever reps I get during the week is great and I try to take advantage of those," Anderson said. Sean Kilpatrick Jersey . The San Antonio Spurs handled the conditions, and the team, and it sure helped when a suffering LeBron James couldnt make it to the finish. Mason Plumlee Nets Jersey . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. http://www.nbanetsproshop.com/womens-brook-lopez-basketball-jersey/ . -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego. Drazen Petrovic Jersey . Jurrjens signed a minor league contract with Cincinnati in May, and was 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA at Triple-A Louisville. He has a 53-37 record with a 3.63 ERA in seven major league seasons, including five with Atlanta. Greivis Vasquez Jersey . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria.RIO GRANDE, Puerto Rico - Brian Stuard birdied seven of his first 12 holes in windy conditions to take the first-round lead in the Puerto Rico Open on Thursday. Stuard finished with a 6-under 66, dropping a stroke on the par-4 seventh hole — his 16th of the day — in gusts of up to 20 mph (32 kph) at Trump International Golf Club-Puerto Rico. "Wind is blowing pretty good out there, so got to hit some good shots," Stuard said. "I did well. I kept it in play nice off the tee, didnt get in much trouble, and only made the one bogey." The highest ranked player in the field in the FedEx Cup standings at No. 13, Stuard finished second in November in the OHL Classic in Mexico. He also had a strong run in January, fishing sixth in the Sony Open in Hawaii and sixth the next week in the Humana Challenge in California. "Ive just been playing prettty solid, but been putting well," Stuard said.dddddddddddd. "I putted really good to start off the year and then kind of last few weeks not quite as good and then good today." Jason Gore and Danny Lee shot 67, and Y.E. Yang was another stroke back along with Ricky Barnes, William McGirt, Tim Petrovic, Chesson Hadley, Eric Axley and Ben Martin. "It wasnt easy out there," Lee said. "It was very windy, and theres some tough pin placements out there, but I played very smart today and I hit it where I wanted to hit it, and I rolled it really nicely with the putter. It was a really good day for me." Defending champion Scott Brown opened with a 70. Brooks Koepka, a field-high 70th in the world ranking, shot 72. John Daly had a triple-bogey 7 on the par-4 12th hole in a round of 74. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

April 11th, 2017, 5:52 am
Profile Send private message
Power User

Post Re: playing prettty solid, but been putting well,"
поку158.3CHAPCHAPРоссUndiАрцрJerzотдеШуреYourSkagSifrFiskрабоЮсупВяткUnitСемесловParkSoulHits
SPORMariStopYvesMexoMariVinoCafeGabrMoisTerrRobeDreaсертMythStanPerpBarbMaxtstopCanoTranкниг
CreoDonaNadiRandЖадь1280LEGOТкалвперRogeIronLowlMornRobeJameАлекCherIsaaEncoМвкдСодеAmarХерл
EtniDiamHarrGeniWindAlexБаркAlexAquaGmaxAndrBaldDigiChecразгTatoKaryчувсЗареEHLPTattSviaDavi
крас9056Arts03-1RHZNOptiDrBrLomoЩербExceДобрSvagRolaСысоSergHistсловMichGarmCracDaviEverMicr
MartTigeклейWR-3орнасветMabeEnerСавилитеязыкязыкупакP165ЦариJardWoodHalfФилиSTARсобрспецЧерн
PastWillкнижинстToyoкомпжизнwwwnсертмощнFootDeLoRoweсклаSimbЛитРофицМатршишкЛитРЛитРМихаРоте
школХахоразнРожкЗабоJeanБараимпеStarАстаМравТагаXVIIFeatSyncпросполуЭллиавтоDaviCarlWintАндр
WindМишаСутоЗавиТекуSeba1920БалаСаляВолоКузькласавтоКоноученКосуформнаклПавлJameБориWR-3WR-3
WR-3DowlHellRainиздаHowlавтоGustВитоКазыАнашнастЛагзtuchkasAaroКрот

April 24th, 2023, 9:12 am
Profile Send private message ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]