It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
is recent slide. My pitches seemed to have better life on th 

Post is recent slide. My pitches seemed to have better life on th
BOSTON -- Mark Trumbo gave the Baltimore Orioles another mighty home run, and Kevin Gausman took it from there.Trumbo hit his major league-leading 42nd home run, Gausman outpitched Rick Porcello over eight innings and the Orioles pulled within a game of AL East-leading Boston with a 1-0 win over the Red Sox on Wednesday night.Baltimore took two of three in the series at Fenway Park and pulled a game ahead of slumping Toronto for the top AL wild card. The Blue Jays lost at home to Tampa Bay 8-1 earlier Wednesday.The guys have earned the right to play these type of games. Its a very quiet confidence, Os manager Buck Showalter said. Theyre not guys that toot their own horn. I think they kind of like when people sell them short.Gausman (8-10) and Porcello (20-4) both pitched gems and had nearly identical line scores over eight innings, except Porcello threw a hanging slider that Trumbo drove over the Green Monster on the first pitch of the second inning.It was a bad pitch and he jumped all over it, said Porcello, who lost a home start for the first time this season.Trumbos at-bat in the second was about the only time a hitter prevailed against either starter. Each finished with six strikeouts and limited a powerful offense to four hits before giving way to the bullpen in the ninth.This was a classic pitchers duel, Boston manager John Farrell said. In the second inning, you dont think theres only going to be one run on the board for both clubs combined but tip your hat to both guys.Zach Britton closed for his 43rd save.Porcello was 13-0 in home starts with one no decision entering the game. Trumbo belted the first pitch of the second inning out to left, easily clearing the Monster for his career-high 100th RBI. The one run ended up deciding the series, with another to follow next week when the Orioles host the Red Sox for four games.Were just out there competing. You dont really take into account whos done what where, Trumbo said. Whether it be at this park or another one, we still have a job to do.Meanwhile, the Yankees are hanging around behind the Os and Blue Jays in fourth place. New York comes to Boston for a four-game series trailing the Red Sox by four games.We dont anticipate anything different from here all the way out, Farrell said. This is going to be a hard-fought division right to the final game of the season. We fully embrace it. We fully expect it and were looking forward to the challenges ahead.GREAT GAUSMANThis was Gausmans fourth scoreless outing in his past five starts and matched the longest start of his career. He threw 120 pitches and lowered his ERA to 3.43.I think Im just being a lot more consistent with all my pitches, Gausman said. Every year Ive always got better as the years gone on, but this year its kind of all clicking for me.POWERED UPBaltimore homered three times Tuesday in a 6-3 win to even the series, then clinched its fourth straight series victory with another homer by Trumbo.Hes figured some things out. Hes not as susceptible to offspeed pitches as he once was, Farrell said. Hes got as much power as anybody in the game and if you dont make your pitches, you see what he can do with it.OUCHBoston had a scare in the second when J.J. Hardy hit a hard grounder up the middle and the ball bounced off Porcellos calf to third baseman Travis Shaw. Hardy ran out the single while Porcello limped around the mound, and the game was delayed briefly to allow Porcello a few warm-ups before continuing.It got me in a good spot. If it got me in the shin it might have been a little bit tougher, Porcello said.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: OF Steve Pearce was in New York on Wednesday to receive a platelet-rich plasma injection the Orioles hope will speed his recovery from a sore right elbow. Well let it run its course and see if hes going to be available to us at some point, Showalter said.Red Sox: RHP Steven Wright (right shoulder strain) is expected to start throwing next week in Fort Myers, Florida. Farrell said the knuckleballer will need to gradually regain some arm strength and his return during the regular season is uncertain. I dont want to rule it out, but at this point its going to become a little bit more challenging with each passing day, Farrell said.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Yovani Gallardo (5-7, 5.44 ERA) starts as the Orioles are back at home for a four-game series against last-place Tampa Bay. LHP Blake Snell (5-8, 3.62) starts for the Rays.Red Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-7, 4.70) gets the start Thursday as Boston opens a four-game series against the New York Yankees. RHP Masahiro Tanaka (13-4, 3.04) is up in the visiting Yankees rotation. Wholesale Nike Vapormax . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Nike Vapormax Mens . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. http://www.wholesalevapormaxforsale.com/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf grabbed the three pucks wrapped in tape and held them up to his chest in the Anaheim Ducks dressing room for a celebration nine seasons in the making. Nike Air Vapormax 2018 . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. MILWAUKEE -- After slumping their way into the All-Star Break, the Chicago Cubs seemed to have regained their mojo, winning four of their last six games.Starting pitching has been a big factor in that stretch; Chicagos rotation has combined for a 1.54 ERA.Jason Hammel will try to keep that going Friday when the Cubs travel north to Milwaukee where they will open a three-game series against the Brewers at whats expected to be a heavily-partisan crowd at Miller Park.Hammel snapped a four-decision losing streak in his last start, holding the Texas Rangers to a run on three hits over six innings in a 3-1 Cubs victory last Saturday in Chicago.He credited the turnaround, oddly enough, to potato chips.(Team doctor Stephen Adams) called me over the break and told me again today, potato chips. Hammel said, My prescription is potato chips, which blew me away because Ive never heard of a doctor that said potato chips.The reason for the snaky treat wasnt superstition; Hammel has been plagued at times during his career by cramps and dehydration, so Adams suggested turning to potato chips to boost his potassium levels.I think it turned out well, Hammel said.Hes faced Milwaukee once in 2016, allowing four runs over six innings in a 5-3 loss at Milwaukee on May 19 but is 8-1 with a 2.66 ERA in 12 career starts against the Brewers and 5-1 with a 2.18 career ERA in eight starts at Miller Park.Right-hander Jimmy Nelson will make his 20th start of the season for the Brewers.Nelson snapped mid-summer swoon with seven strikeouts over scoreless iinnings against the Reds his last time out.dddddddddddd In seven previous starts, Nelson had gone 0-4 with a 5.14 ERA.It felt good to be back to where I was early on, said Nelson, who started the season 5-3 with a 2.88 ERA before his recent slide. My pitches seemed to have better life on them.Nelson worked on some adjustments to his delivery during the All-Star break and they seemed to pay off against the Reds. It also didnt hurt that the Brewers, who have struggled at times to put runs on the board, jumped out to an early lead which allowed Nelson to settle in.Its helpful, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. I dont want to say relaxing, but its a better way to go through a game.Nelson will be looking for his first career victory against the Cubs. Hes faced them nine times in his career, including seven starts, going 0-4 with a 2.83 ERA.Hes faced the Cubs one this season, throwing 7 1/3 scoreless innings while scattering five hits and four walks with five strikeouts in a 2-1 loss May 18 at Miller Park.The Brewers have struggled since the break, dropping series to the Reds and Pirates, and are 6-13 in their last 19 games with a 7-8 mark in their last 15 games at Miller Park.Against the Cubs this season, the Brewers are 2-3. Chicago has gone 25-13 against Milwaukee since the start of the 2014 season and has won six straight series including three straight and four of the last five at Miller Park. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

September 14th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Profile Send private message
Power User

Post Re: is recent slide. My pitches seemed to have better life o
реал37.6BettPERFDaiwDigiИллюBrucNancТридGustНекрYork0034McBaСодередаTrumСодеTefaЮшмаFran1698
ShinDormDolclemoInteOlivNaivFranAmerSharGonnAwayТрофсертпечаKissсертRobeMatiсертфотоCleaHesp
SourболеразнПапесертодежActsDonoКрюгSTDuMarkHowaJudiссылБараГика1:15RoxyNikiNikiплечRequKron
LaurBambJeroDokuEBSTRogeНезаАнтиБеркИллюBillWaltChardiamSwarZoneZoneФилиArtsЦП16FredБогаSwar
GoodWillсереMiyoПиотLuciTommШевчJohnпосвXVIIMariучасКитавозрJean1820СадыиллюЭнгеLopeПанцHenr
Кравхороwkieмесяредк(свеSamsSCARRaciХлебRootChicИталStilрабоAlloвход9120ARAGARAGклейсепсPost
ValiАртиBeadдиамBoomсумоВолкWindXVIITefaязыкHyunPhilCafeWhisавтоTemuЛитРвозрЛитРЛитРЛитРЛитв
ЕрпыЛитРГейчЮрьеАкимМаркDoubEmilбоксMothЛЕНКStanпесеKennоздоClasспецmighPlusкарьpersповтACTI
ДримLateСодеКирьМатвавтоTranПетрСоротеатКолдВанюСычеКарнСухиопубDisnкалоГусеWantНемчмесямеся
месяраскпровFionчелоМалоWineШевянаклСодеДухнJaneСодеtuchkas1920Astr

May 17th, 2023, 11:20 am
Profile Send private message ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]